AGAINST THE ODDS MINISTRIES
A RECOVERY COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION
Who We Are
ATO is a Recovery Community Organization that serves the Twin Cities community and surrounding area as well as online with our Facebook group. We provide recovery resources such as but not limited to detoxification, treatment, recovery housing, recovery meetings, coaching/ peer to peer mentorship , advocacy and community education. We are here to support all people affected by substance use. Although our fundamental values are rooted in Christianity, we believe in, support and value all pathways to recovery. We value each individual’s journey of recovery, healing and change. Recovery is a journey and each person’s recovery may be different. We meet each individual right where they are at and help them find a pathway of recovery that works for them. With local and digital resources we have access to many options to support all pathways to recovery. Our services are driven and run by volunteers who are made up of individuals in recovery, family members, friends and loved ones of those in recovery, as well as allies in the community and those that may still be struggling with substance misuse.
The mission of ATO Ministries is to spread hope and recovery across the digital world and in our local communities. Providing ALL people affected by substance use with touch of a button resources to support recovery, advocacy, and reduce the stigma in our community.
To see a world where anyone struggling with substance misuse is able to find accessible and obtainable resources to find recovery online and in the community. Breaking the stigma, advocating, and educating within the community. We measure our success by the impact we make in the community this includes the digatal space as well as the tangible world.
What We Do
- We share recovery content and testimonies on Facebook and youtube live and host a recovery church on the last Saturday of the month where all are welcome to come as they are.
- We host and sponsor events, concerts, and attend events to support recovery, advocacy and to break the stigma of substance misuse.
- We host faith based meetings and provide resources for 12 step meetings and peer circles. on our contact page.
- Give out Life Recovery Bibles to people in need.
- We volunteer to help feed the less fortunate or individuals or families in need. At local shelters and ministries and outreaches. We encourage giving back to the community within our community.
- Volunteer to speak at treatment centers, ministries and correctional facilities to share recovery stories and help men and women to find recovery and resources upon release.
- Host quarterly listening sessions to gauge the needs of our community and find out what’s working and what’s not.